Malmo Height Adjustable Standing Desk
- Regular price
- £597.00 £497.50 (ex. VAT)
- Regular price
- Sale price
- £597.00 £497.50 (ex. VAT)
- Unit price
With its straightforward, minimalist design, this robust standing desk frame is finished in a tough scratch-resistant powder coating and is available in 3 different colours and sizes with 11 different worktop finishes and has a maximum loading of 100 Kg.
All our stock size desktops are predrilled and have metal screw inserts fitted in the fixing pattern of the frame to make assembly both easier and quicker. This does not apply to special size desktops which are supplied without inserts.
For close inspection of the desktop finishes available, click through to go to our desktop finishes page where you can order FREE Samples of 200 x 100 mm desktop finishes to enable colour-matching with your décor.
Any questions? Please reach out to us on our UK Hotline 0330 133 1937 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cable Port Positions
- Back Left & Back Right is 110 mm in from the back and 140 mm in from the side to the centre of the cable port.
- Back Centre is placed centrally, 110 mm in from the back edge of the desk to the centre of the cable port.
- Back off-centre Left is 110 mm in from the back and 180 mm to the left of the desk centre to the centre of the cable port.
- Back off-centre Right is 110 mm in from the back and 180 mm to the right of the desk centre to the centre of the cable port.
- Custom - Please advise us if you would like one or more customer positions on your desk by typing your precise dimensional requirements into the ‘Special instructions’ box below the products selected in your shopping cart. If you need any clarification or would like to chat it through with us first, please call on 0330 133 1937, alternatively you can email a sketch through to us at email@example.com
- There may be a lead time on custom cable ports of 2-3 days.
Any questions? Please reach out to us on our UK Hotline 0330 133 1937 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK Free same day despatch on a 24-hour service to mainland UK (excluding Highlands) for all orders received by 2 pm, subject to stock availability.
- EU and Eurozone delivery:
- Sameday despatch for all orders received by 1200 hours, subject to stock availability, delivery times vary, please check your destination choice.
- Please note that we have no control or influence over customs delays.
- Please note that Aktiv and Ninja Desks are only available with a UK 3-Pin plug.
- Except for the above all EU orders will have an EU plug added at no extra charge.
- Please see our shipping Policy for the cost for your region, we ship at subsidised rates via TNT.
- No duty is payable for all Eurozone countries, however local carriers may add charges for customs clearance, etc., please check with your local TNT prior to ordering.
- No VAT is charged by us for all exports, this is payable to your local delivery agent at the local rate of VAT either prior or at the time of delivery.
- Shipping choices are selectable prior to checkout.
- Expert installation service available at extra charge, check drop down menu for cost.
- This is a weekday service normally carried out within 10 working days of order by our team of fully qualified professional installers. Service times will vary dependant on schedule volume, 10 working days is the norm, not a guarantee.
- Installation is for the desk and cable management tray only. Any accessories purchased with your desk may be fitted as a goodwill gesture without charge.
- Our installers bring your order with them, assemble on-site and remove all packing and rubbish.
- Please ensure the install area is clear and ready for our team, and if utilising an existing desktop, that it has already been removed from the original desk and is on hand ready for install.
- We will advise a date and a morning or afternoon time slot within a few days of receiving your order.
- Please note: Installations are dynamic, dependant on the volume of calls within a given area and can be subject to change at short notice. We may not be able to meet individual date requests however will always do our best to accommodate.
- We cannot take any old existing furniture away for disposal.
- Installation service is available for mainland UK only.
Please note that once an installation date is booked, we require at least 48 hours’ notice for any changes, otherwise you may still be charged for a missed appointment.
- Quantity Discount for Installation: Discounts are available for any requirement of 10 or more units please contact us via email@example.com prior to ordering for an installation price.
Important: Please be aware that all deliveries are to 'Kerbside Only' which is standard industry practice, the carriers will leave your pallet or parcels at your door, they will not take them inside for you. This is due to insurance being void if the driver does this.
Important: Your order may be delivered on a pallet due to weight, size or configuration. We do this in order to minimise damage with certain products. A pallet will consist of a number of parcels wrapped in black plastic; tear open the plastic to move your parcels from the pallet into your premises. The pallet will be your responsibility to dispose of responsibly.
Our expert packers in the warehouse usually place a ‘seconds’ or damaged desktop on the base of the pallet to act as extra protection against knocks, so please be aware there may be an unwrapped desktop with one corner broken off sitting on the base of the pallet, please do not refuse delivery as your desktop will not be exposed but safely wrapped up in cardboard with edge protectors placed inside.
We’re happy to back-up this extremely high-quality product with a full, no-nonsense 7-Year Guarantee.
Our guarantee terms are brief and unambiguous and all of our products display a simple guarantee term on the individual product page, ranging from 1 year to 10 years. This guarantee is against faulty workmanship in the course of the product being used for the normal purpose in which it was intended to be used for.
We will either repair or replace any malfunctioning parts and will ship replacements to you to get you working again as soon as possible. If we have installed your desk, we will attend site to rectify any issues, unless the faulty item is a simple plug-and-play part such as a switch, in which case we will ship you a replacement item to be swapped over. If you opted for self assembly we will work with you remotely, shipping what parts may be necessary in order to resolve any issues quickly.
We will honour this service for the guarantee period of the product, as displayed on the product page, from date of purchase with no cost to you.
Proof of purchase will be required, this can simply be your order number and customer details and this guarantee is non-transferable from the original purchaser.
What happens if there’s a problem with my Malmo Standing Desk?
We’ll always sort the problem, and we’ll always aim to sort it fast. Here’s how:
- Get in touch by phone or live chat, we’ll have you sorted in minutes.
- Problem still not solved? We’ll ask you to send us a quick video so we can see what the issue is. Then we’ll send you a replacement part. Don’t worry, switching out parts is really easy. We’ll collect the faulty component when you’re ready.
- Our Malmo Standing Desks virtually never develop problems. But if yours is the one that does and can’t be fixed easily, we’ll sort it. And we promise we won’t take ages to do it, even if it means sending you a whole new desk.
How quickly will you sort the problem?
We sort most issues over phone or live chat in minutes. For anything else, tell us about it before 2pm and we’ll have a replacement part on its way to you same day. It should be with you tomorrow.
Will you fix my Malmo Standing Desk for me?
If we installed your desk, yes. If you assembled it yourself, you’ll already know how easy it is to assemble. We’ll send you the part for a DIY fix, but we’re always here if you need a bit of help.
What happens if my Malmo Standing Desk is damaged when it arrives?
- Just take a minute to double check the contents of your box. Our packaging can withstand serious damage before the desk is affected, so you may well find your desk is dandy even though the box is bashed.
- Something damaged or missing? Give us a call and we’ll send a replacement. All we’ll ask is that you send us a photo of the damage, just so we have the evidence to send the heavies round to our shipping partners.
Get in touch
Give us a call or tap live chat. We’ll be with you asap.
Instructions & Videos
All our stock-size desktops are predrilled to the fixing pattern of the frame and have metal screw inserts fitted to make assembly both easier and quicker. This does not apply to custom special size desktops which are supplied without inserts.
Please note: Self-assembly requires a reasonable level of DIY ability, please refer to our assembly videos before committing to this. The only tools that we provide for assembly are two Allen keys: 1 x 4mm and 1 x 5mm, a soft-headed mallet may also be needed. An instruction and operating manual is provided with your desk.
Click on the image to download the Malmo Assembly Instructions
Click on the image above to download the Cable Management Tray Assembly Instructions
Below is a brief video on building the Stockholm without any inlay switch, which is the same construction method as the Malmo, differing only in the Malmo having 2 mast legs, not 3 mast legs as this video shows. Apologies that we don't have a dedicated Malmo assembly video.
Below is a quick assembly guide on how to fit the updated Stockholm cable management tray (2022 onwards), this supersedes the previous cable tray and assembly method which may be shown in the desk assembly videos.
What is our guarantee?
Our guarantee for the Malmo is for 7 years, includes the motors and all electrical parts and is backed up by our in-house UK engineer team. Our guarantee is backed up by over 35 years of experience of manufacturing in Sweden.
Where are FRISKA desks made?
The frames, all electrical controls and motors are manufactured in Sweden, and the desktops are UK sourced and finished in our UK factory.
If I order today, when will I get my order?
We ship all orders received before 2 pm the same day for delivery the following working day. All orders placed over the weekend will be shipped out on Monday for delivery Tuesday and orders placed before 2 pm on Friday will be shipped for delivery Monday. This is subject to stock availability which is normally excellent. A notification will be sent to you when your order has been collected by our carrier partner.
How stable are the desks at height?
The Malmo is one of the most stable sit-stand desks available in the market today and whilst they can be made to move a fraction when at full height if you push to wobble it, this is not noticeable during normal use. Please check out our reviews from delighted customers for testimony of this fact - https://friskadesk.com/pages/reviews and view this YouTube video which compares our desks to a competitor’s desk.
We recommend the use of a sturdy monitor arm to help eliminate any unnecessary wobble at your monitor. There is also an independent in-depth review from a customer on Reddit which is very interesting - https://www.reddit.com/r/StandingDesk/comments/htjbo9/uk_friska_stockholm_standing_desk_review/
It’s also worth bearing in mind that cheap imported standing desks often have massive stability problems due to poor design and cheap materials.
What motors do you use?
The motors we use in the desks are 100% made in Sweden for us and covered by our 10-year guarantee. The exception to this is with the Aspa where we use Linak motors, due to the constrictions of the configuration and the lower production volume of this model.
What electrical controls do you use?
All of the electrical controls are made in Sweden, this includes everything from the switches to the control boxes. These are the best quality electrical controls for furniture available today and we have no hesitation in including all the electrics in our comprehensive 10-year guarantee.
Can you make any size desktop?
We can make almost any size desktop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the size you require, and we will do our best to help you achieve your ideal. All custom desktops are on a 3-4-week lead time and there may be a small price premium.
Do I have to cut the cable ports myself?
No, the cable ports are precisely cut out by CNC machine in our factory, and they come with neat plastic circular covers in a choice of three different colours. We provide a choice of five different positions for the cable ports on the desktop as standard and you can also specify a custom position if these are not where you want (lead time of 2-3 days applies to this). If you choose the custom option, be sure to email email@example.com explaining exactly where you want the holes and include your order number for identification. Click this link to go straight to the page: https://friskadesk.com/collections/desk-cable-management/products/kloven-cable-ports-1
What is the lowest and highest height the desks can achieve?
The Malmo has a minimum height of 675 mm to the underside of the desktop, (700 mm to the top side). This is one of the lowest positions that any desk on the market can go to right now. The maximum height that the Malmo extends to is 1200 mm, which is high enough for anyone up to around 2 m (6'8") in height.
Can I use my own desktop?
We supply standing desk frames only, without tops, which allow you to use your own desktop, these come complete with all the electrics needed for the desk to operate including the up/down switch and all the fixings, all you need to provide is a desktop. Click the link to view the range: https://friskadesk.com/collections/height-adjustable-desks-frames-only
Do you give discounts?
For commercial orders we can discount for quantity, generally on orders of 10 units or more, please contact us with your requirement on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to meet your budget.
Your desks are too high for my budget, can you help?
We’re very sympathetic with anyone on a limited budget we may be able to help you on that as we offer the option of paying with Klarna (operated by Klarna Bank AB, Stockholm, click the Klarna name for more info), which you may well have heard of, or even used but if you haven’t come across this amazing facility before, it gives you the ability to spread your purchase over 3 months at no extra cost to yourself, enabling you to get the product and specification you really want.
Other suppliers have desks much cheaper than FRISKA desk, why is this?
As our desks are wholly manufactured in Europe, we don’t aim to compete against low-cost Chinese imports on price alone, and any desk significantly lower priced will be a cheap Chinese import. Please do consider that cheap imports do not comply with EU/UK regulations, lack stability at height and the guarantees for the electrical parts of the desk are often only for 2 years.
As all FRISKA desk frames and motors are made to precision high-quality standards in Sweden with the desktops being made in the UK, we are able to cover them with a market-leading 10-year no-nonsense guarantee. This is backed up with our in-house engineer service help.
What is the depth of the feet from front to back?
The feet on the Malmo are 690 mm, front to back, which means a top as narrow as 700 mm can be used.
Can I set minimum and maximum heights?
With both the standard up/down and memory switches a minimum and maximum height can be set that is completely independent of any memory settings. Simply lower the desk to the desired position, press and hold both the “up” and “down” buttons together for about 10 seconds, until an audible click is heard. The lowest position possible has now been set. This feature is included to protect any fixtures or furniture beneath the desk against accidental damage. Having set a minimum height, a maximum height position can also be set if required by using the same method, this is useful for obstacles like bookshelves or windowsills etc. To reset the desk from these minimum and maximum limits, lower (or higher) the desk until the limit has been reached, press and hold both the “up” and “down” buttons together for at least 10 seconds, until an audible click is heard. The limit has now been removed and the desk can be operated normally.
What safety features do your controls have?
Our desks comply with CE marking and all European directives for machinery, one of these safety directives we adhere to is that you have to be in physical contact with the operational switch in order for the desk to move. Cheap Chinese imports often have the feature of a 'one touch' switch, enabling you to press the switch once and leave the desk to move to your pre-set position, this is specifically not approved by EU/UK law and could potentially result in injury, especially to pets and children.
The anti-collision sensor operates in both the up and down direction and is actually an overload sensor, so when the desktop hits something solid, the sensor in the control box trips the current immediately. This is the standard 'anti-collision' device found on the majority of electric height adjustable desks and is really a safety cut-out on collision, rather than collision avoidance. A more sensitive collision sensor can be added as an optional extra for your peace of mind.
What other safety features are present to protect the desk controls?
The main control box has a number of clever protection devices within it, mainly to protect the electronics from 'dirty' electricity, voltage spikes, surges and harmonic distortion. Although the safety cut out rarely triggers, when it does, it will partially shut the desk down for safety. A symptom of this is that you will hear a click from the control box when switching the power to the desk on and be able to move the desk down but get no response when the up button is pressed.
To reset the desk when it is in safety shut down state, ensure the space under the desk is totally clear, press the down button until the lowest point is reached, release your finger from the button and then press the down button again for at least 10 seconds, until you hear a click and see the whole desk jig down and up a small amount. This has now reset and you're good to go. You can see a reset video here - https://friskadesk.com/pages/how-to-1
What are the desktops made of?
The standard desktops are 25 mm thick melamine faced chipboard (MFC), manufactured in UK from sustainable source wood and have a scratch-resistant anti-microbial melamine covering with various finish options: https://friskadesk.com/collections/desk-and-tabletop-finishes We manufacture the desktops using our own CNC machines, so we can ship the same day from within the UK.
We pre-drill holes in the fixing pattern of the frame and insert metal screw anchors to make for a rock-solid fixing between the frame and desktop, helping to minimise any tendency to wobble. We can also drill cable port holes precisely in the position you choose from the product page - https://friskadesk.com/collections/desk-cable-management/products/kloven-cable-ports-1
Do you have any support for self-assembly?
We send a link to PDF instructions when your order is shipped and have some great assembly videos on the website that you will find extremely helpful to watch prior to starting your install - https://friskadesk.com/pages/how-to-1 - we also offer expert phone support from our technical department if required.
What tools do I need to build my desk?
The tools needed to build any FRISKA desk is a 4 mm and 5 mm hex head Allen key, which we supply with the desks and possibly a mallet (with non-metallic head) which we don’t supply with the desks.
For the Malmo you will also need a No. 2 Posidrive screwdriver, and we recommend the use of an electric screwdriver.
your questions answered
So, what are the real benefits of using height adjustable standing desks in your office?
You invest your hard earned cash but seriously, how long does it take to payback?
more about us
We accept only the best quality from our expert workforce, for your benefit!
Find out about our precision manufacturing processes in the heart of Wales.